Cameron Diaz used wigs and skull caps for her head-shaving scene in the film My Sister’s Keeper, which opens today, but her young co-star Sofia Vassilieva really did go bald for her role as Diaz’s leukemia patient daughter. Vassilieva had plenty to take off—before her buzzcut, the Medium star had superlong hair. And after chopping it, she had made into a wig that she wore to shoot Medium. (Even better: That wig was later donated to Locks of Love.) The girl who told Parade she had once been afraid to have her hair trimmed even an inch is now confident on the red carpet wearing an edgy, short style that we love. What do you think of her new look?
· The Hottest Cuts: View the most coveted celebrity haircuts.
· 49 Hair Ideas: These small tweaks make big changes.
· 10 Hairstyles That Make You Look 10 Years Younger: the red-carpet looks that will add a decade to any face—famous or not.
· The Naked Truth: Allure asked five celebrities to bare it all for the camera.
· Allure Cover Shoots: Go behind the scenes of our celebrity shoots.