No, this trick does not involve an appliqued Santa sweater. Much better: we love gold lip gloss to add just the right amount of glitz to a holiday party look. Why do we love it? Gold gloss looks warm and flattering on pretty much everyone, and it works alone or layered over virtually any lipstick (corals, reds, pinks—you name it). For the layered effect, all you have to do is swipe gold over whatever lipstick you normally wear—it will look a little more fun and special for evening. Our favorite shades: Benefit Lip Gloss in Zone Out and Clinique Long Last Glosswear in Goldspun. Voila!
· Great Gifts for $30 or Less
· Inside Allure’s December issue
· Inside Allure:The Top 10 Holiday Hair Mistakes
· Inside Allure:5-Minute Holiday Hair and Makeup Tips
· Inside Allure:8 Holiday Party Makeup Mistakes