Strobing, illuminating, glowing—whatever you want to call it, highlighting is the important finishing touch to just about any good makeup look. Even the no-makeup makeup look requires a good highlighter. The problem? There are just so many of them out there. To simplify your search, we asked Polyvore to mine its data and find the top ten highlighters people search for the most on its site.
1. Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder, Glow Collection. This gold highlighter works best on people with light and medium skin tones thanks to its reflective pearl pigments and pink undertone.
2. Sephora Collection Colorful Face Powder Illuminators. The price-friendly choice of the bunch made second place for a reason. These products come in a wide range of colors so they can be used as both a highlighter and a blush.
3. Guerlain Meteorites Voyage Pearls of Powder Refillable Compact. Please take a moment to click on that link and take a look at how beautiful this highlighter is. It may cost you close to $200, but it’s worth it. Each of those little dots of color are different shades pressed together, so you can sweep a harmony of glowiness onto your cheeks.
4. Chanel Infiniment Illuminating Powder. This one is special because it cleverly includes two different shades in the embossed CC monogram. The C’s are a beige color to enhance your skin, and the surrounding powder is a shimmery pink to brighten your cheeks.
5. Laura Mercier Face Illuminator Powder. If you’re looking for a highlighter that truly packs a punch, this is it. You only need one brush swipe to light up your entire face. Trust us.
6. Clé de Peau Beauté Women’s Luminizing Face Enhancer. Here’s another one that’s just stunning to look at. Infused with light blue, purple, and peach shades, this product uses light-diffusing technology to both contour and highlight.
7. Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlighter. The ultimate highlighter for the girl who’s short on time. All you have to do is glide the stick over your cheekbones, blend it in with your fingers, and you’re done.
8. Bobbi Brown Highlighting Powder. This is the OG Bobbi Brown highlighter. It comes in a deep golden color, which makes it perfect for summertime looks.
9. Hourglass Women’s Ambient Strobe Lighting Powder If the deep-gold Bobbi Brown product is perfect for summer, then this light-pink Hourglass highlighter is made for wintertime strobing. It’s superfine and will add just a hint of glow to light, winter skin.
10. Guerlain Meteorites Pearls Stardust Illuminating Powder. This highlighter comes in little balls. We repeat: This highlighter does not come as a solid compact, but instead exists as little highlighter “pearls” in a jar. That’s half of the appeal of the product, but the other reason people love it is that each pearl uses color correcting to help hide any redness or sallow-looking skin.
How to contour: