Beauty trends certainly come and go, but thanks to the online community Polyvore, there’s always a way to take a pulse on what’s currently hot — according to folks on the internet, that is. The fashion and makeup website recently released the names of the five most popular lipsticks, and the results might totally surprise you.
The big winner? Nars Audacious Lipstick ($34 at Sephora) came in first, and it’s not too hard to understand why. With over 30 shades to choose from, the Audacious Lipstick boasts long-lasting wear, complete with a smoothing and nourishing texture.
Into the look but not into the $34 price tag? There are several lipsticks on the market that are pretty close in formula, but less painful to your wallet. Maybelline’s Color Sensational Lip Color in Dynamite Red is a solid dead-ringer for Nars’s Rita, and Sephora’s Cream Lip Stain in Peach Tart can easily pass for Raquel in the Audacious line.
But if you’re not willing to settle for anything less than number one, you can head over to Sephora’s website and pick up one of the 34 shades for yourself. Ahead, check out how to shop Nars Audacious Lipstick, as well as the other top contenders.
1. Nars Audacious Lipstick
2. Lime Crime Velvetine Liquid Lipstick
$20, Lime Crime
3. Dolce and Gabbana Dolce Matte Lipstick
4. Givenchy Beauty Le Rouge Lipstick
5. Sigma Power Stick in Spades Pink
More on popular lipsticks:
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Is Launching Traditional Lipstick For the First Time Ever
- The 6 Best Black Lipsticks for Summer Goths
- Pat McGrath Is Launching Lust MatteTrance Lipsticks — Here Are the Details
Now, check out some solid lipstick hacks:
Follow De Elizabeth on Twitter and Instagram.