Kim Kardashian West shared some of her favorite products for slowing down the aging process. And it turns out, she’s just as obsessed with The Ordinary as the rest of us.
The budding beauty mogul knows a lot about beauty. In addition to having her own line of cosmetics, Kardashian West spends serious time around (and collaborates with) some of the industry’s top experts. From this, she’s clearly picked up some knowledge.
This week on her app, one of the products she shared was the stand-out serum from beauty newcomer The Ordinary, which happens to be under $10.
The Ordinary’s Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion ($9.80) is a retinoid active, part of the family of age-defiers that helps reduce wrinkles. While retinoids (a.k.a. a vitamin A derivatives) often get a bad rep for being irritating, The Ordinary’s formula is designed to make the serum gentle while still being effective.
“In any skin-care routine, anti-aging products are SO important,” Kardashian West wrote on her app. “They can have so many benefits, like reducing dark spots, preventing wrinkles, smoothing fine lines and so much more.”
While Allure doesn’t believe the term “anti-aging” is a productive way to describe a skin-care routine, Kardashian West’s correct in that products formulated to address the concerns of aging skin can have a whole bouquet of benefits. The Ordinary’s Granactive serum also helps to brighten skin and even out texture.
Here, a few others from her list:
- Allure‘s Best of Beauty winner Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial ($80)
- Lancer’s Younger Revealing Mask Intense ($250)
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Night Concentrate ($110)
- Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy ($36)
- Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer ($65)
- Olay Regenerist Regenerating Serum ($27)
- Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM ($65)
The Ordinary is already famous for selling out faster than the brand can stock it, so move quickly if you want to get in on The Ordinary’s Granactive Retinoid* 2% Emulsion before KKW’s endorsement causes another shortage.
For more celeb-favorite products:
- Kim Kardashian Stans for This $5 Target Skin-Care Remedy
- All the Beauty Products Drew Barrymore Stans For
- You’re About to See Way Fewer Celebs Endorsing Skin-Care Products
Now, go behind the scenes with Kim Kardashian West during her cover shoot: